A fire truck is only as good as its fire pump. That's why it's important to know how to properly maintain your fire pump! Here at Brindlee Mountain Fire Apparatus, we want to make sure that our customers have the best information possible when it comes to keeping their fire trucks in top condition. That's why we've put together this short guide on how to maintain your fire pump. Keep reading for tips and tricks that will help you keep your fire truck running like a well-oiled machine!
- Keep your fire pump free of debris. This may seem like a no-brainer, but it's important to keep all of the parts of your fire pump clean and free of debris. Failure to do so can cause damage and shorten the life of your pump.
- Inspect your fire pump regularly. Make sure to inspect all of the components of your fire pump on a regular basis. Look for any signs of wear or damage, and take action if you find anything wrong.
- Pump test annually. As part of your regular inspection, you should also perform a pump test. This will help ensure that your fire pump is in proper working order and that it will function properly in an emergency situation.
- Service the pump. The pump on your truck should be serviced regularly. This would include changing the fluid in the t-case and inspecting the pump packing.
- Exercise the pump regularly. Just like any other piece of equipment, your fire pump needs to be exercised regularly in order to keep it in good condition. Make sure you take the time to run the pump for a few minutes at least once a week.
- Keep your fire truck in good condition. This goes hand in hand with regular inspections and maintenance of your fire pump. Make sure to keep all the parts of your fire truck in good condition, and don't let any problems go unaddressed.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your fire pump will run smoothly for years to come. If you have any questions, be sure to contact us at www.firetruckmall.com. We're always happy to help!