Luverne Fire Apparatus Company was an American fire apparatus manufacturer located in Brandon, South Dakota. The company operated a plant in Luverne, Minnesota between 1903 and 1985.
Acquired in 1896 by Leicher Brothers, Luverne Wagon Works build their first fire trucks in 1913. Between 1913 and 1985, the Luverne plant built pumpers, tankers, brush trucks and rescues in Minnesota and in some neighboring states.
In 1985, Luverne Fire Apparatus Company was acquired by Luverne Truck Equipment Company of Brandon, South Dakota. At this time, the regional manufacturer started to sell trucks nationally, they also started to sell trucks on custom chassis (Spartan and HME).
In 1997, the company was purchased by Spartan Motors Inc. of Charlotte, Michigan. Spartan also acquired Quality Fire Apparatus of Talladega, Alabama. Between 1997 and 2003, Luverne and Quality continued to sell trucks independently, each serving a different geographical area.
In 2003, Spartan Motors merged Luverne and Quality into Crimson Fire, a new subsidiary company. In 2012, Crimson Fire became Spartan Emergency Rescue Vehicles, or Spartan ERV. The Brandon plant continues production today. http://fire.wikia.com/wiki/Luverne_Fire_Apparatus_Ltd.